02 septiembre 2012

Alicante Por Fin!

Yesterday I drove cross-country from Navalmoral de la Mata to Alicante and my how the land changes!  Most of Spain is very dry, it doesn't rain much here so the land if it isn't being watered for crops is very brown in the summertime (not a super pretty drive).  So Tinin and I are driving along and bam! There's a beautiful mountain right on the outskirts of Alicante.  He looks at me and says, "Ya estas lista?" >>Are you ready?  And of course I was nervous, but on entry to the hotel some Americans heard me and yelled down the hall, so I joined them to wait an hour for orientation, which then lasted 2 hours!  Orientation was....pretty bad & boring.  Then we had 'dinner' but really it was tapas, not much food at all.  Afterwards we walked around the city around 9 pm and boy did we look silly us 30+ Americans.  Mila called me during the walk and I told her thank you SO much for everything & I talked to Esther a little, told her she's my favorite little sister haha.  We had a little botellon en the hotel & went out around 12, Americans learn quickly about nightlife practices : P  Overall it was a very fun night, waking up the next morning at 9....not so much.  This morning we took a tour of a small portion of the University, basically just to know where we need to go tomorrow.  Now the part that you've all been waiting for....MI FAMILIA!!!  The parents names are Maruja Martinez Torres & Jon Paolo (like the Pope) Torres, they have two sons that are 30& 33 (who live elsewhere & 1 is married) and *drumroll please* a DOG!!! named Poncho lmao how funny is that?!  He is a mixed breed, not sure what I asked but didn't understand the response, but he is Lorelai-sized, of course a little fatter & not as cute, but I digress...I'm so excited.  Also my bed has 3 pillows! For those of you who know me understand my obsession.... Also, they are super nice, apparently they host students a lot so they are accustomed to foreigners (they also talk slowly for me which is great).  Poncho just came up to say hi on my bed, but he just got in trouble lmao Maruja said, "A la cama no, a tu cama si!"  Whoops....but looks like I have a new friend!  Tomorrow starts my life as an Alicantina verdadera.....vamos a ver lo que va a pasar!  Tengo ganas de empezar a la universidad, pero tengo que estar en clase por 3 horas, can I do it?? You'll just have to wait and see...

1 comentario:

  1. SO Happy for you and so grateful you have a wonderful family caring for you in my absence. Love talking to you - can't wait to Skype again. I gave all your news to Gram who can't wait to get home so she can skype, too!!

    ResponderEliminar